Use this form to email the website admin team

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data.

Minutes of  Monkton Farleigh Parish Council Meeting No. 7 in the Village Hall 24th February 2016 at 7.00pm

Present: M. Midlane [Chair], P. Thorne, A. Tucker, S. Burton and S. Rowe [Clerk]

Also: Trevor Carbin

  1. Apologies: Moodie, R. McDonald, D. Noad and A. Maclachlan. No declarations of interest.
  2. Minutes of Meeting No.6 Dated 13/01/16 and Extra Meeting Dated 03/02/16

Approved and signed by M. Midlane.  The Clerk will have issued these Minutes to ensure that all councillors have received their copy.

Clerk

  1. Matters Arising.

There were no matters arising.

  1. Report from Andrew Maclachlan

This was shown to the councillors. Summary below:

There have been 43 reported incidents for the Bradford Rural beat of which 1 occurred in Monkton Farleigh. This compares to 38 from the previous period of which 0 related to Monkton Farleigh. These are broken down as follows (previous period in brackets):

Crime Rural beat Monkton Farleigh Comments
Anti Social Behaviour (Nuisance) 0 (1) 0 (0)  
Anti Social Behaviour (Personal) 3 (0) 0 (0)  
Burglary 3 (1) 1 (0) 25th Jan – Farleigh Wick. Outbuilding broken in to and chain saw stolen. No witnesses or forensics – closed undetected.
Drug Offences 1 (1) 0 (0)  
Criminal Damage 3 (4) 0 (0)  
Public Order Offences 2 (2) 0 (0)  
Theft and Handling 6 (8) 0 (0)  
Violence against the person 6 (3) 0 (0)  
Other 0 (4) 0 (0)  
Concern for Safety 2 (0) 0 (0)  
Suspicious Circumstances 1 (2) 0 (0)  
Domestic Incident 7 (4) 0 (0)  
Transport related 9 (8) 0 (0)  

 

Report from Trevor Carbin

  • Council tax has gone up 4%
  • Police funding has gone up 2%
  • The fire authority’s funding has gone up 15% because Wiltshire has combined with Dorset.
  • The cost of “green bin” collection has gone up
  • There has been a complaint about “The Little Zoo”, the wolves are howling. An inspection is coming up so this will be investigated.
  1. Buses
  2. Midlane has written twice to South Wraxall parish council to see is they are interested in joining forces over the bus consultation but has had no response.

After a discussion it was agreed that we could do no more than encourage as many people as possible to complete the on line questionnaire for the bus consultation and to send a letter  from the parish council to Wiltshire council in response to the possibility of the bus service being cut.

  1. Thorne, M. Midlane and Clerk

The alternatives to the bus service, e.g. 24/7 franchise can be looked at if necessary after the consultation is over and we know what cuts are being made.

  1. Web Site

A bid for funds has been made to the council and we should hear by 17th March as to whether we have been successful.  Helen Forsyth has submitted her quote for the work to be done.  The quote doesn’t completely tie in with what can be claimed from the council as we will be developing a community website not just for the Parish Council.  Work on the website will begin when we have heard about funding.

  1. Planning Application Shell Cottage 16/01179/FUL and 16/01220/LBC

This means the replacing of the current garage with a new car port with a room above and various improvements to this listed property.  After looking at the plans the councillors unanimously agreed to support the applications.

  1. 20 MPH

Monkton Farleigh does qualify for a 20MPH speed limit. This can be in the form of a sign at the village hall for £5500.00 or from Broadstones with traffic calming measures for around £29000.  It was agreed that we go for the sign at the village hall and that we offer CATG £2,000 to secure this which is more than the 25% of the cost required. Trevor Carbin is to put this to CATG on 29th February.

 

  1. Car Park at Prospect Place

The car park is now open.  M. Midlane contacted Dave Thomas but was told very little could be done.  The warden at the Folly has written to Avon Wildlife Trust recommending that the contractors were not used again.  This will be passed on to J. Veal who wrote about the problems when the car park was closed.

Clerk

 

  1. Emergency Plan

Rachel Exley is now the co-ordinator for the emergency plan.  M. Midlane went with Rachel Exley to a meeting about implementing an emergency plan at the council to discuss what needs to be done. This is all coming together now and is nearly complete.  There will be a meeting on 26th February to discuss this and a “Good Neighbour” scheme that P. Tuckwell was keen to be involved in.

  1. Midlane, A. Tucker, Clerk and P. Tuckwell
  2. Clean for the Queen

Fliers have gone out to advertise this event.  £20 will be donated to provide refreshment. High Viz jackets, gloves, bags and litter pickers will be provided.  M. Midlane will drive round to collect bags of rubbish.  This will be collected by the council.  We will only collect rubbish from around Broadstones, The Street, up to Farleigh rise and Pinckney Green, the road to Farleigh Wick is too busy and dangerous.  A risk assessment is to be completed by the clerk. Cakes are to be provided by the WI.

  1. Neighbourhood Watch

Monkton Farleigh is now registered for Neighbourhood Watch and the next step is to make the village aware and find out what happens next.

  1. Burton and P. Thorne

 

  1. Code of Conduct

The Councillors present signed to say they had read and agreed the Code of Conduct.

  1. Correspondence

The Clerk has been notified about a course for new clerks.  It was agreed that she should attend and a cheque for £54.00 was signed.

There are meetings about the bus consultations which the councillors are aware of.

 

  1. Financial Matters

There is currently £8,512.61 in the bank.  The clerk inquired about a charge card and it requires a signatory to go into the bank to apply for it.

  1. Midlane
  2. Parish Matters
  • The seat on the Avenue needs preservative and maybe other seats too. Clerk to inquire about a quote for the work
  • The notice board outside the school is up and the one at Farleigh Rise will go up at the weekend, weather permitting.
  • There has been a lot of trouble at Browne’s Folly. Trevor Carbin is going to inquire about ownership of the Folly as it is dangerous.  There have been “raves” in the mines.  Tucker to find out about a contact at “Restore” who own the mines.
  • The path to the school is very overgrown. Collinsplatt is to be asked to clear it.

Clerk

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

Wednesday 13th April